I decided to sit down with Cethan last night to start the ignition for the next film starring that furry little wonder, Milton. With two laptops on the table, plate full of waffles, several cups of tea and an opened bottle of Sherry we loaded up a shared Google document to shape our next film.
The film is currently being rewritten from scratch, we’re using the treatment that I had written two months prior as a story guideline, thankfully it’s preventing us from writing ourselves into any corners. Cethan is doing a fantastic job with the dialogue, not much was kept from the treatment but then again dialogue is not one of my strongest suits. There are a lot more subtle nuances thrown into film as well and minor characters now seem more interesting.
So far the collaborative process of writing a script through Google docs has worked fantastically well, as a result being able to write and edit the same document at the same time we managed to produce 4 scenes in the space of two hours. At this pace we hope to get the first draft done by the end of the week if not by Monday.
Other news, Flipping Channels has won the 3rd Mutant Shorts film competition, a big thanks to everyone involved in the film to make it possible. I noticed that the version that was screened at the event had some audio and video compression issues, these should be fixed by the time the film is uploaded to the site within the next two weeks.